I have children/pets/overhanging trees – is natural stone suitable for my garden?
Yes, Natural stone is suitable for your garden, but it might require a certain level of maintenance to endure high traffic areas. We would advise that all natural stone is sealed when it is first laid down as this will help with cleaning and maintenance in the future.
Is natural stone better than concrete?
Natural stone does have some advantages over concrete. Firstly, it will weather better over time, keeping its natural look and often gets better with age. However, concrete can loose its luster and become weather beaten. Natural stone is more resistant to chipping and will keep its natural color over the years. Concrete can damage which can easily occur with concrete leaving unsightly chips and uneven surfaces.
Is natural stone suitable for my driveway?
Natural stone pebbles and chippings are perfect for busy driveways and we have a wide range of options available to choose from. We recommend slate, granite or basalt chippings as they are hardwearing and dense and easy to maintain. Darker coloured chippings will help to disguise oil marks but the beauty about natural chippings is that you can rake them if any accidents occur.
Does natural stone retain its original colour indefinitely?
Over a period of time, when exposed to the Irish weather and the elements, your stone will be affected which often involves some level of colour change. This is a positive characteristic and natural stone looks all the better for age. Some stones are more prone to colour changes than others. Our team are happy to discuss with you which natural stone products retain their natural colour for longer and which ones transform beautifully over the years.
Is stone paving slippery?
It depends on what type of natural stone you are talking about. With the Irish weather in mind, we carefully select products with slip-resistance in mind. Some stones have a naturally grainy texture and don’t require an additional slip-resistant finish.
However, it is important to ensure that algae doesn’t grow on your paving as this can make any outdoor surface slippery especially in north facing gardens.
How will my stone be delivered?
We deliver nationwide throughout Ireland and Northern Ireland. Depending on the quantity of your order and the products you are purchasing will determine the type of delivery.
Local deliveries are made by our in-house transport department.
Nationwide deliveries are made by an external pallet freight company. This is a kerb side only service so you will need to take responsibility for moving the goods off the road and onto your own property. The pallet freight vehicles use a tail lift and pump truck which means that the driver will need a flat area of hard-standing (i.e. not gravel or grass) on which to unload.
Delivery drivers are unable to carry slabs through to your back garden so please ensure you have the relevant labour organised to facilitate this. If you have any concerns about delivery methods or suitability, please speak with one of our sales advisors who will be able to help.
Do I need to order extra slabs for wastage?
We recommend that customers use our online calculator to accurately determine how much product you will need for a particular project.
If you happen to purchase more than you need, we can accommodate returns, but at your won cost for shipping/delivery. The best approach is to talk to one of our team before purchasing if you are unsure of the quantities you may require and we will advise you on what works best.
Do I have to buy a full crate? I only need a small amount of material.
Just buy the quantity that you need. If you find that you need more our easy online ordering will make it easy for you to buy additional product
How long will my order take to arrive?
The vast majority of our stone is kept in stock, meaning that we can usually deliver within just a couple of working days – often we can accommodate next day delivery requests if you order in the morning. Occasionally we do sell out of a certain product so it’s always a good idea to get your order placed as soon as you’ve made up your mind to avoid disappointment. In addition, bespoke masonry services or special orders will take more time to process so, again, the sooner you can order the better.
Please note that the return or rejection of products which we have correctly supplied is costly. When in doubt about colour and form of a product please ask for samples prior to placing an order. Samples can be provided at minimal cost.
- Any order cancellation must be made prior to product dispatch.
- In the event that the customer wishes to cancel an order and the correct order has been dispatched, the return cost of the product will be at expense of the customer. We can arrange for collection and the customer will be advised of the costs in advance. If a product is returned and we find that the incorrect product was initially delivered or indeed that the product supplied was faulty we will exchange the product as soon as possible at no extra charge.
- In the event that a customer has ordered too much product, goods are refundable* provided they are returned as they were supplied. Cost of return will be at the customer’s expense and returned items will be subject to a restocking charge of 10%. We strongly advise careful measurement of area and calculation of quantities required.
- Paper bagged product is non-refundable e.g. white cement, fine sand and all blasting media (garnet, bg15, ag06)
- Delivery is non-refundable. Where a product is to be returned, delivery will be charged at 55e per pallet and 15e per smaller packaged items, VAT included.
- Returned items will be subject to a restocking charge of 10% of the original order less the cost of delivery.
Important: Please take time to inspect packages prior to signing for the goods; we will not accept responsibility for damaged goods that have been signed for.